What are Echinaforce® Echinacea drops?
Echinaforce® Echinacea drops are a traditional herbal remedy used for the symptomatic relief of colds, influenza type infections and similar upper respiratory tract conditions. Always read the leaflet. Echinaforce drops leaflet.
Echinaforce® Echinacea is made from fresh extracts of Echinacea purpurea herb (95%) and root (5%). It is available as drops (tincture in 15ml, 50ml & 100ml bottles) and as tablets (42 tablets & 120 tablets).
Echinacea is a plant native to America but is now cultivated extensively in Europe. The echinacea plants used in this product are cultivated organically in Switzerland at our own herb farms.
Up to 10 species of Echinacea have been identified, but only three (E. purpurea, E. angustifolia and E. pallida) are used medicinally. Echinacea purpurea is considered to be the one which has been most widely researched and this is the species we use.
Our Echinacea is produced using extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Echinacea purpurea herb and root, picked fresh and used within 24 hours of harvest. The benefit of using freshly harvested herbs has been demonstrated in research – extracts produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times as many active substances compared with those obtained from equivalent amounts of dried herb*.
This is why, when you need a herbal remedy to help you fight the symptoms of cold and flu, not all Echinaceas are the same.
*Tobler M et al: Characteristics of whole fresh plant extracts. Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur GanzheitMedizin, 1994
Dosage of Echinaforce® Echinacea drops
A.Vogel Echinaforce® Echinacea drops (tincture) may be used by adults and children over the age of 12 years to fight the symptoms of colds and flu.
Dosage of Echinaforce® drops:
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years: 15 drops (0.6ml) of tincture in a small amount of water, 2 to 3 times daily.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose. Taking too much (overdose) is unlikely to be harmful.
- For oral use
- Not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age
- Start at first signs of common cold. Do not use for more than 10 days
- If symptoms worsen during the use of the product or persist for more than 10 days, a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted.
1 ml of oral liquid contains the tinctures of: Fresh Echinacea herb (Echinacea purpurea (L) Moench) (1:7.5-14.6) 860 mg. Extraction solvent: ethanol 65% v/v Fresh Echinacea root (Echinacea purpurea (L) Moench) (1:7.1-12.5) 45 mg. Extraction solvent: ethanol 65% v/v
1 ml of Echinaforce is equivalent to 25 oral drops.
The other ingredients used for the liquid are ethanol.
Use in pregnancy or when breastfeeding
Do not use this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Before you take this product.
Do not use if you are:
- Allergic to products containing Echinacea
- If you have a tendency to allergies such a hives, allergic eczema or asthma consult your doctor before use. This product may not be suitable for you.
- Do not use this product if you are taking another medicine which is affected by alcohol.
- If you are having treatment to reduce the response of you immune system (immunosuppression) e.g. chemotherapy, readiotherapy, or if you have an autoimmune disease, do not use this product.
You should also be aware that our Echinacea drops, like all herbal tinctures, contains ethanol (alcohol). Each dose of tincture contains up to 350mg of ethanol – equivalent to 8.8ml of beer (less than a tablespoon) or 3.7ml of wine (less than a teaspoon). If you suffer from alcoholism, the alcohol content may be harmful. If you are in a high-risk group (eg. patients with liver disease or epilepsy) you should consider the alcohol content before taking this product.